August: Osage County
by Tracy Letts
August: Osage County centers on a reunion of the Weston family. The three-act play deals with such issues as drug abuse, alcoholism, suicide, death, family dysfunction, sexual harassment, pedophilia, aging, generational change, racism, incest, infidelity, and ultimately love.
June 28, 2007 at
Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Chicago, IL
August: Osage County had its Broadway debut on December 4, 2007 at The Imperial Theatre. The production then transferred to the Music Box Theatre on April 29, 2008. The Broadway production had 648 total performances, with 18 previews. It closed on Broadway on June 28, 2009
- 2008 Pulitzer Prize for Drama
- 2008 Tony Award for Best Play
- 2008 Drama Desk Award for Best New Play
- 2008 Drama League Award for Distinguished Production of a Play
- 2008 New York Drama Critics’ Circle Award for Best Play
- 2008 Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding New Broadway Play
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.